I am very picky with the requirements for a phone, so please help me!
Some background: My Asus Zenfone 6 (Asus 6Z in India) has been acting a bit funny and the only fix would be a replacement of its board which nearly be the cost of the phone itself. So I started looking for my possible next phone, while I continue to use my older Nokia 7 Plus.
This brings me to my insatiable requirements:
- 8xx series Qualcomm processor.
- Have 3.5mm jack.
- Must have a wide-angle camera.
- Pop-up camera preferred for front-facing lens.
- 6-8GB RAM minimum.
- 64GB storage minimum.
- Expandable storage optional.
- Run latest version of Android.
- Should be from a company that updates its phones for at least two years.
- Must support Gcam mod without modding.
- Should not be loaded with ads. If it is, then there should be an option to deactivate it as well.
- Preferably stock Android.
- Must have service centres in major Indian cities.
- Model should not be more than a year old.
Things I do not want my phone to do
- Force me to use bluetooth or a dongle for audio.
- Have garbage camera quality.
- Not be iOS (it’s very good, I’m more comfortable with Android).
Do you know of any device that meets my needs?
Device recommendations received till now
- iPhone: from Pranav, because he preaches, but no reads. 😛
- Pixel 4a: from Siladitya. The lack of a wide-angle makes this a non-option for now.
- Pixel 5: from Guru. Not available in India unfortunately.
- OnePlus 7T: from Siladitya. Older than a year so avoiding it since there is no way they’ll push updates for three years since release.
- Moto Edge Plus: from Hitesh. Considering it now, but they have a very bad history with software updates, which gives me pause.
- IQOO 7: from Raju. Checks almost all boxes and considering it.
- OnePlus 8: from Deep. Checks almost all boxes and considering it.
- Vivo x50 Pro: from Mridll. Still thinking over it since their current skin is very heavy for my liking.